SAULT STE. MARIE
Sault Ste. Marie is one of the oldest settlements in North America. For at least 2,000 years, people have lived beside the rapids of the St. Marys River. See the landscapes that inspired Canada’s Group of Seven and discover fabulous dining and shopping in the heart of this urban centre.
- Searchmont Resort: Not just a hill, but a Mountain with personality!
- Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing: rugged terrain, a variety of skillfully designed slops and trails.
- Winter Fishing: big waters, big fish, and the best guides!
- Canadian Heritage Bushplane Centre: over 30 aircrafts, flight simulator and interactive activities.
- Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site: history, theatre & dining at a National Historic Site.
- Art Gallery of Algoma: home to original prints of famous Canadian painters, the Group of Seven.
- Sault Ste. Marie Canal: rapids, historic buildings, antique machinery and picturesque grounds.
- Agawa Canyon Tour Train: a departure from the ordinary, it will leave you breathless!
Looking for more things to see and do in Sault Ste. Marie? Try our suggested itinerary.