BAY OF QUINTE
This region is known as the Walleye Capital of the World and boasts some of the best walleye ice fishing around. If you’re not an angler, there’s still tons to do; hit the Quinte Craft tour, take in a play, go skiing or check out one of the winter festivals. Start your trip planning now at The Great Waterway.
- Anglers come from all over to go ice fishing in The Bay of Quinte, which has affectionately become known as ‘The Walleye Capital of the World’.
- Visit the Bay of Quinte Region and explore new breweries and cider makers on your own, or as part of a Bay of Quinte Craft Package Tour. Explore the makers who produce great craft ingredients, including barley and hops!
- The Bay of Quinte region is full of exciting adventures, gastronomic delights, great events, and festivals for everyone.
- The Empire Theatre delivers the ultimate in live entertainment, theatre, and performing arts in Belleville.
- The National Air Force Museum of Canada houses many restored military aircrafts, including North America's only Halifax Bomber, recovered from a lake in Norway.
- Glanmore House in Belleville was built in 1883 and is an example of second empire style architecture featuring ornate frescoed ceilings and intricate woodwork